© 2019 by KINN PROPERTY INSPECTIONS

RADON

What is radon gas?


Radon is an invisible, odorless, and tasteless gas. It is a naturally occurring gas due to the breakdown of uranium in soils, rocks, and water.

How does it get into my home?


Radon can enter your home from surrounding soils through cracks and other holes in your home's foundation. Radon is then trapped within the home and testing is the only way to know if you and your family are at risk of exposure.

Will radon gas make me sick?


There are no short-term health effects associated with radon. However, according to the Environmental Protection Agency and Surgeon General, prolonged exposures to high concentrations over time may attribute to lung cancer. Thus, exposure to radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S.

MOLD

What is MOLD?


Molds are fungi that are found almost everywhere. More than likely you are breathing mold spores right now! Molds grow throughout the environment, inside and out, in soils, on food, on plants, and even on building materials when moisture is present. Molds occur naturally in the environment and are necessary decomposers of organic matter. (Cheese and penicillin are both products of mold.) There are various colors of mold including white, green, black, and orange. They reproduce by releasing microscopic spores that spread easily in the air and can enter a home or building through windows, doors, cracks, and vents.

Can MOLD affect our health?


Mold affects each person differently. Some of us who are allergic to mold may be more sensitive to mold exposure than those of us who are not allergic. However, exposure to high concentrations of mold and mold spores over time can be unhealthy for anyone. Some of the most common health problems associated with exposures to indoor mold include:

  • Nasal and sinus congestion.

  • Sore throat.

  • Wheezing and breathing difficulty.

  • Skin and eye irritation.

  • Coughing.

  • Sneezing.

  • Upper respiratory infections.

  • Asthma attacks.